Monday, June 29, 2009

Work Shoes

Garment: Work Shoes
Discount: Buy 3 get 20% off, plus additional 15% off with Macy's charge, plus another 10% off
Section: Shoe
Acceptability Index: Yes, I will wear these. For work.



Since I moved home, I have been tagging along with my mom to the mall pretty consistently. Although we had had some luck with a twenty percent off coupon in the Lord and Taylor shoe department, I was a little on the fence about the pair I went with which we agreed were "a little trendy."

Macy's was having a sandal sale and I went along not planning to buy anything. My mom encouraged me to explore the flats, but they mostly looked TOO comfortable. I tried on a pair of alright t-straps, but she dismissed them, recommending a wedge. I said no way. I am not a wedge type of girl.

A few try-ons later, my mother pointed over at another pair of wedges, and said "this is really what I think you should be going for." As I prepared a wedge rebuttal case, I noticed that the shoes in question weren't completely horrible.

Sometimes moms know what they're talking about. I found them to be cute on, and surprisingly comfortable. With the sale and additional discounts, they were easily half the price of the LoTay pair. Returned those trendy suckers the next day.

1 comment:

  1. oh moms are totally often spot-on! My mom has bought me quite a number of awesome clothes.

    ReplyDelete